Re: Lost in the Steam

Something I've found as  aworkaround is....

Open Run, or make a shortcut.

"C:\program files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch XXXXXX

Where xxxxx is the app ID. You get that from the browser, for example if Game A is 123456, you'd do

"C:\program files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 123456 and any other options you desire.

Also, @Dark: Look into the Choice of Games bundles on Steam. They are entirely playable all the way through, I got their support to transfer my ownershi to the COG site, since I hated Steam, but now I got a W10 VM up and rolling, I'll give it another go.

You can just do the steam.exe -appalucnh whatever after firing up Steam, so you don't need to grapple with the client at all, too.