Re: Thoughts on Steam?

The thing you're forgetting though is that facebook is a social network. That means it's reasonable that people without vision would still use it. They have those departments because most every visually impaired person uses some kind of social netwworking. For networkks like twitter and facebook to deny access to their services would cause an uproar from those who would not be able to use it. It would most likely be successful too. However Valve doesn't have that many blind users, and really there would not be any reason for blind individuals to play these games because after all they can't see, and there for most of the appeal of such things are lost on them. However, we know this is not the case, but the individuals who do play their games and are blind are the only ones who are willing to put up with the few inaccessible features to play games that are not easily accessible. The only game as of right now that is easily accessible and fully usable is skullgir ls, and even those players are limited. Maybe 20. The number of blind players versus the millions of people who play who aren't blind is for all intensive purposes encomprible. So to expect them to change everything to be accessible as far as their client and website goes would be very unreasonable as those who do play already find work arounds. However, I do agree that the captcha thing is an easy fix and would not require any sort of effort really, though I know you've said you sent an email requesting this, I don't believe you were very /persuasive as you tend to be very aggressive here on the forums and have a very demanding tone. This is just from what I have read, and has no bairing on my opinion of you as a person. I feel that I should also request that an audio captcha be put in, so i can get my own impression of their corperation. I don't believe they're as mean spirited as you may think.

  • [Audiogames-r... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: sneak
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: sneak
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: bradp
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: seal
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: sneak
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: KG4RDF