Re: Bad ass science fiction and space podcastS!

I'll just post the whole, honestly horrible, bit I'm talking about in regards to Wolf 359 calling disabled people broken and less than whole people. It's really not a question of being offended by everything here, it's a question of being a decent person. If you feel like it's remotely okay to imply that someone isn't a real person just because they have a disability, I really don't know what to tell you. Especially if you yourself are disabled. You really should be ashamed of yourself though...

But yeah, have the bit here, so, eh, spoiler warning for the opening bit for the final episode of Wolf 359. Not a huge spoiler plot wise, it's just some background info for two of the villains.

WOLF 359
"BRAVE NEW WORLD"
byGabriel Urbina
Story by: Sarah Shachat & Gabriel Urbina
Writer's Note: This episode takes place starting on Day 1220 of the Hephaestus Mission.
FADE IN: On HERA. Speaking directly to us.
HERA
So here's a story. Once upon a time, there lived a broken little girl. She was born with clouded eyes, and a weak heart, not destined to beat through an entire lifetime. But instead of being wretched or afraid, the little girl decided to be clever.
She got very, very good at fixing things. First she fixed toys, and clocks, and old machines that no one thought would ever run again.
Then, she fixed bigger things. She fixed the cold and drafty orphanage where she grew up; when she went to school, she fixed equations to make them more useful; everything around her, she made better... and sharper... and stronger.
She had no friends, of course, except for the ones she made. The little girl had a talent for making dolls - beautiful, wonderful mechanical dolls - and she thought they were better friends than anyone in the world. They could be whatever she wanted them to be - and as real as she wanted them to be - and they never left her behind... and they never talked back... and they were never afraid of her. Except when she wanted them to be.
But if there was one thing the girl never felt like she could fix, it was herself. Until... one day a strange thing happened. The broken girl met an old man - older than anyone she had ever met, but still tricky and clever, almost as clever as the girl. And he said -
MR. CUTTER
"Hello, little girl. I want you to make a doll for me."
Whoops, did we say Hera? We actually meant - PRYCE
"And it must be your very best doll. It must look like a real person, and sound like a real person, and be a real person. Can you do this for me?"
MR. CUTTER
The girl thought for a moment. Then she said, "And if I can?"
PRYCE
The old man replied, "Then you and I will fix the world. I will be young and you will be whole and the world will finally be everything it could be. Everything it should be."
MR. CUTTER
And so they did. And everyone lived happily ever after, the end.
(DEEP BREATH)
It's almost time. Are you ready?
PRYCE
Yes. Let's get started.
OPENING CREDITS

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wiam-s via Audiogames-reflector