Re: I'm leaving for now

Half the people who need help don't try to get help. They don't ask their families to setup appointments. They don't google a place in their area that can help counsel them. They don't apply for an app like better help.

The really sad situations is people admitting they need help but don't do a thing about it. They think they can just pick it up instantly, with the same methods. Coming to the forum is not the solution for everyone.

Remember months ago when I posted lots of topics about having trouble accepting blindness? Well it is thanks to the people of this forum, for helping me out majorly with that. I have made a huge improvement on this mission. And I want to thank all of you who participated in those discussions, giving advice, bringing humor, and even those who gave the hard cold truth that I need to suck it up. It all helped.

But what works for me can't work with everyone. Mason thinks differently, reacts to emotions differently, and has different passions and determination, and uses it in entirely different ways. He has come to this forum several times asking for help, either legit thinking it will, or thinking he can handle this on a low level rather than confessing he needs a higher level of help. Or, he does it on purpose so he can say he did something and it just didn't work, manipulation!

But the dude needs counseling. I'm not willing to do it. I'm not even willing to tell him. It has to be 5 or 10 of his closest to tell him, at the perfect time, for him to consider it for 10 seconds. I'm not one of those closest, I'm not going to bother. If you are and you want to go for it, do whatever you please. Don't be surprised at the result.