Re: Cosmic Rage, a futuristic MUD unlike any other

You were helping out earlier, so thanks. I've talked with you IC and OOC, Furrath, (I'm Kira Calahan there)....but I disagree.

I don't feel like rank 1000+ should get rewarded for gas/plasma harvesting when there's activities meant for their rank range. Take me for example, I am, as said, rank 797 or thereabouts, I forgot exactly where....so tell me why exactly I should be doing one activity that gives good points and cash? Here's my issue with that....

It's boring. It's boring when I have to either slog through sectors to find nebula, or hope a wormhole takes me to a nebula remnant, or ask for a ride to one. I don't think people aboe a certain rank, and yeah, I'm including myself in this, should get points for higher levels. Here's my idea. Give those activities a levdel cap. Give them a max cash value, and once you're past the cap, you only get the max cash, no points.

Also, yeah, the solo activities need too be a thing.
I do have my factory going between my post about it and this one, but I feel like I need to get to a certain rank to enjoy the game. I'm not going to name names, but I had a very honest and enlightening OOC discussion with a certain person, who was helping out quite a lot and was giving himts on what to do. I do think a lot of the issue is certain players are set in their ways. Personally, if I was a host I'd implement a change to keep playrs around their activity range. Like if Dark wanted help with hand mining and I showed him what to do, that's a level 10 activity. I wouldn't expect any reward for it.

So. How exactly do the level caps work, exactly, is it how I've described?

EDIT: I've been told by quite a few people to stick with plasma till 1000. Problem is I also got told the more I rank up, the less the rewards are for said plasma.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector