Re: The problem of choosing the first programming language

In my work as a coder, I use _javascript_, python, and C++, but mostly _javascript_ and python every day.
If you want to be the most effective coder and leverage your time with producing full-stack apps, you can't beat _javascript_. Do a PWA with a Node backend and you have everything you need.
For speed of coding, you can't beat python. It's just so fast to write basic applications in python, you can get a simple model for machine learning trained in very few lines of code.
I have found that being able to work equally well in _javascript_ and python has made me very employable.
Start with one and learn the other as you progress. They are very similar, but I would say that python is better for learning, as in _javascript_ you have several versions of the language that can be used in the same app. To loop through a list in _javascript_, I can think of 3 ways that are completely valid for a simple for loop, whereas in python there are two, and for i in list is used most of the time.
But it is completely subjective and the above fits all your criteria, so do what I did and learn python first, then learn _javascript_.