It's true that you can find Eagawk and other things that are too high level but still haven't evolved, but I still kinda wonder why. I also wonder why manamon even in the postgame aren't fully evolved. We see tons of Morghoul but only one Fiendour, in particular.

And yeah, most of the NPCs are very shallow. For tamers, that's fine enough. Pokémon trainers don't fill my soul with joy either. But for NPCs, I like a bit more depth. To me, the whole SanCot City issue was almost heartbreaking, as a writer, as a dev, just...all of it. Religious zealots are rarely so nakedly backward; oh it happens, but still. I wish this had been handled with a lot more delicacy, tact and depth. I think it could have been - hell, I know I could've done this, script-wise - and actually had the player giving a rip about this. The only redeeming moment was the very end, when you come back to the postgame and thrash him and he's all, "My god~! Why hast thou forsaken me?". That had a bit of a ring to it. But the rest just...bottomed.

Also, twelve-year-olds are rarely so articulate. It's unlikely that someone of that age would have the mental wherewithal to presume to lecture to a grown man about his daughter. In fact, the man was acting like a twelve-year-old. I think this is a clear lack of experience or inability to write convincing characters.

And since when do presumably adult shadow warriors make jokes about how attractive the protagonist is? That's just...ugh, all of the nope. One member says something like "your good looks are distracting me", and another, when you beat her, says something like, "You didn't have to battle me, you know". I'm pretty sure this latter woman is someone who also starts the battle by saying "hot chick coming through", so the writing's on the wall.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector