Re: Roguelike Radio ep on designing for VI

Yep, The console reading is awsome, it's one reason I've found angband plus graphics so useful from a low vision perspective.

I'm not sure what you mean by "vertically" in braill Sebiy, unless it is possible to configure your braille display to show a column instead of a line, though even then the amount of information you get per examination vs the amount of information on the total map is a bit huge.

Myself, I still like the  idea of  nested maps, with a larger dungeone xploration ala entombed (though with environmental features), with combat working similarly to tactical battle on a nested map, though getting the coherence with the two modes would be damnably difficult.

Adom actually does! use nested maps, as well as being more a true rpg than a rgouelike, although unfortunately the  nested maps are still rather too huge to be practical on an informational basis.