Re: Working on a Little Project Using the Sonus GDE

The you object is the main player itself. When you move, it doesn't actually update your x coordinate, it updates the youx variable.
You Object, Periodical Event: (0.01)

setx "youx"

As you can see, it sets the You object's actual X coordinate to the youx variable every 0.01 seconds.
You Object, Left Held:

if "G" "youx" ">" "C" "0"
subgv "youx" "1"
endif

You Object, Left Released:

destroy "youstepsound"

You Object, Right Held:

if "G" "youx" "<" "C" "100"
addgv "youx" "1"
endif

You Object, Right Released:

destroy "youstepsound"

This should move the player left and right whenever left and right are held, and destroy the step sound when those keys are released. Besides the sounds of the enemies and obsticles moving around in my headphones while I move, I have a button three event which tells the tts channel to talk to me about the coordinate I'm at.
You Object, Button 3 Pressed:

ltts "youx" "0"
ptts "0"

Finally, here's the periodical event for the step sound you requested.
Youstepsound Object, Periodical Event: (0.01)

if "G" "youx" "<=" "C" "0"
stopa
destroy
endif
if "G" "youx" ">=" "C" "100"
stopa
destroy
endif

I know, this probably looks messy, but this is my first project. Sorry for the atrocious-looking script.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector