Re: Brain or mind, let them shine: a challenge of creativity

Okay, so answers to your questions, since virtually everything you asked was answered save one thing.
1. Why is the character away from Charine? That I leave up to you on purpose. Maybe she's disabled and can't get around in the mountains. Maybe she's busy, working, ill, something. Imagination is key here.
2. Wenberries...what do they have to do with his art? They have blue juice, and he wants to infuse some of his paint with a shade of blue he can only get from wenberries. They grow up in the mountain passes. He was off in search of them when he slipped and fell down a mountainside, smashed his legs, lost his pack somewhere, found a little cave, and that's where we encounter him.
3. Blue and red. That dichotomy is deliberate. I wanted to use a warm colour and a cold colour, one from either end of the spectrum so to speak, as a means of contrast. Art within art, you might say. Even the vividness of the blood with which he paints will fade eventually.

Now, to be fair, I know I could do better here. I wrote this in about seven minutes.