Re: Mud Concept Idea: An Entirely Pet based Mud.

I sort of got the idea from some recent MMOs for mobile platforms. rather than doing your normal rpg quests with a single character, you tended to be a manager of a group of creatures or characters. So instead of sending in the lone warrior into an orc fortress raiding nearby supply lines for a war effort, you went in using a werewolf berserker who had increased movement capabilities and aoe melee capabilities in a square around him, a mutated fly with ranged and paracitic capabilities picking off survivors and converting them into undead zombies, and two spell casting pets doing whatever support or damage from afar.

  Or in short, make the minions the stars of the show in your dark fantasy/fantasy games. For player economies, breeding higher quality creatures can be included along with equipment for yourself and your creatures.

  Or for recent events, a version of manamon with brave of Cloudia's battle system. And most of your opponent's aren't manamons to capture.

  I only mentioned it as a mud as it probably would take a lot less work to setup with sounds for creature designs or attacks. And maybe better to make the game multiplayer by default that a mud could easily provide. I haven't seen that many examples of audiogames that are online mmos, outside of the chinese community. Swamp is the only one to come to mind that's still active and sort of rpg based.

  But this type of stuff is really common on browser platforms. However, more avance interfaces for it is inaccessible for screenreaders to play with. And of course, mobile apps don't entirely have VO or talkbalk access in mind and leave us out from that department to play MMO creature or pet managing adventures.

  Though on something someone else brought up, I wonder how a multiplayer mud would work for a game where everyone is a pet? Would every household have their gates wide open for people to explore out in the street and play with each other? I know sometimes pet owners would let animals like cats roam about on their own.