Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

Holy run-on sentence, Batman.
The reason depends on the developer. Some devs are one and done, meaning they release the product, make a few tweaks and that's it. Some are always monkeying with stuff as a means to improve. You'd have to ask each one for their philosophy.

I haven't tried Houndorf's line in manamon 2, but if it still gets Hydro Fang, it's still very worthwhile. Fast as hell, physically frail, hits decently hard.
Shadina I will have to try again. In my first game, it got outclassed and kept dying over and over to stuff. It looks like it may be a glass cannon. Also, Decibel Rush tending to make your foe immune to sound moves is a pain in the neck.
Purivia evolves into Treezon with a gunk element. It looks fairly tanky, but also kind of slow, and plant-poison when you're slow is begging to die.

My overall findings of Cerberat vs. Delazzard, bearing in mind the bred stats are different. I took Cerberat to level 57 and them fed him a life tonic so he was in keeping with my Delazzard (didn't save, obviously).
Delazzard's ability gives it earth immunity. Cerberat's ability means it will never flinch (but you can get a Cerberat that's immune to death plague, which is worse). Advantage: Delazzard.
Cerberat's moveset is Poison Ball, Plague, Chemical Blaze, Black Bite, Shadow Claw. Delazzard's moveset is Oblivion Dance, Poison Pressure, Geowhack, Toxic Tail, Plague. Advantage: Cerberat, though not by a ton; Oblivion Dance is yummy.
Cerberat's rough stats: 161HP, 125 attack, 137 defense, 125 special attack, 130 special defense, 118 speed
Delazzard's stats: 181HP, 151 attack, 115 defense, 151 special attack, 115 special defense, 122 speed
Both were trained the same way, with 85 in both special attack and attack, and 110 points in speed
Advantage: Delazzard, though not by much; Cerberat will have to watch for earth-type hits while Delazzard doesn't, but when Cerberat gets hit with whatever, it will survive a little better

So this is...really a toss-up. Personally I'd still like to see Cerberat come out the clear winner here, if only because you need a venomous lance to have the transformation work out. I'd like to see his attack and special attack shoot up by, say, 10-15 points each, and its speed go up by 5-10 points. Nothing utterly crazy, just an overall stat total a little better than Delazzard, that's all. Because that ground immunity is really bloody handy, let me tell ya.

Overall: jury's still out. Use the one you like.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Foxfire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Foxfire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Foxfire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Foxfire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector