Re: Trying out Linux.

@25, yes, you were stating your personal views. I never said you weren't. I was responding to your criticism -- which is a part of your personal opinion -- that LInux has lots of commands you need to remember and lots of options, and pointing you to extremely valuable sources to help you out with that problem.
You also don't need to reference manual pages or documentation every time you want to do something. As someone who has worked with Linux for at least a decade, I can assure you of this. Moving, copying, deleting, editing, and creating files are the most common operations a user of a computer will need to do; hence, the commands are trivial to remember: mv to move files, cp to copy them, rm to delete them, and so on.
You don't need to have a superiority complex to use Linux either. That may result after a time, but that mainly arises, I think, because when you ask questions people believe that the answer is obvious enough to them. But nto eveyone is like that (see stack overflow/stack exchange). There are innumerable resources for learning Linux and how it works, and many people, including myself, who would be happy to help. (Side note: people who get extremely good at things, including Linux and Piano, or anything else, tend to naturally develop superiority complexes. This applies to literally everything.)
I'm not "automatically" assuming anything. I am simply trying to help, so there's no need to explode at me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector