Re: Thoughts on Shoehorning unrelated content into works of entertainment.

It was a short story entitled give me cornbread or give me death in the collection I mentioned in the blog article.
It was a fun story in it's premise, about a resistance taming dragons with spicy food, but it was a bit too blatantly preachy in being an account of the good poor black female resistance vs the evil white oppressive male overlords in  their literal high towers.

then again I've seen enough good reviews of N.K. Jemisin's work from reviewers I trust to not dismiss her stuff based on just that twenty minute short story.

Becky chambers I'd recommend personally, her stuff is incredibly upbeat, and fun with great characters who often clash and some really interesting sf ideas, but whatever floats your boat.

the chimes was purely and simply fantastic, as I said in my review.