Re: myTrueSound feedback and some comments related to audiogaming

Ok, look, asking someone to buy you a game isn't always a viable option. I don't like it when that's thrown out as a suggestion as though that's a thing everyone is comfortable doing. I absolutely agree with the sentiment that cracking in the audio gaming scene isn't OK, but let's be real here. Games are a want, not a need, and if you have a lot of pride, which is something I can personally relate to, you wouldn't dare do something that could be taken as grovelling. Some people, especially younger ones with this particular temperament, would rather crack something than be seen as a beggar. Hell, I would have. The difference is that, while I did go through a phase as a teenager where I revelled in all the free stuff I could get, I also recognized that one day, hopefully in the near future, I would pay it forward in other ways, and support those who deserved my patronage. I feel I've done that. If these kinds of topics had existed back in the days when I was first getting into playing audio games, I would never have asked for charity, because, after all, a game is not my shelter or other essentials. I'm not saying this to shame those who do take this route, nor to discourage those who are being generous from providing keys and such. I think it's a great thing, especially in an era where instant gratification is far too prevalent, and it seems like, more than ever, it's every man for himself. All I'm saying is that there are people such as myself who would consider it quite disrespectful to ask for handouts from strangers, so don't expect those people to come forward and do the "right" thing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlakeT via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : maria_reyes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector