Re: has anyone used emacspeak?

Emacs? Yeah, nice OS. Pity about the included text editor. big_smile

No, seriously, I wouldn't waste your time with it, personally. Well, OK, waste your time with it, but only in order to experience what accessibility might have looked like, and not what it is. The fact is that it's an access jail, and is insufficiently competent to do everything that you need. Kind of like the world's cheapest note-taker, only less intuitive.

At the risk of upsetting the Linux faithful, I still believe that the best access to Linux is to be found at the console, and with braille using BRLTTY. If you can do that, you really should.

I have not tested ADRIANE yet, but that got a brief burst of enthusiasm so might be worth checking out. It includes a user space screen reader, too, which attracts my notice. Perhaps that can help you?

Graphical Linux needs to get better. Firefox with Orca is a horrible shadow of what it should be. sad