Re: I have worked at home and here is what i learned. What about you?

TranscribeMe is a similar service and was accessible last I heard. Pay isn't spectacular, $20 / audio hour (an audio hour usually takes about 2 or 3 hours depending on your typing speed, comprehension and of course the clip in question). The way it works can be irritating in that there's a backlog. You log in and basically just... wait until work appears on your dashboard, do the task, and wait for more. If you're already working from home and have extended breaks or time to kill, this may be a good option. Simply visit in the morning and check back periodically. Since the site runs on user requests there will be some days where nothing appears.

I've made quite a bit freelancing lately, upwork being my platform of choice due to it's simplicity. While the fact stands that you are required to purchase credits, I find them usually being worth the small amount. Money hungry? Definitely. Let the 20% fee attest to that. Yet the platform seems quite a bit more tolerant to higher pay for higher quality if you can look past the clients demanding the next new Facebook at gross underpayment. As someone in school and looking for a part-time job on the side, I can't complain all that much.
When it comes to freelance work, everyone has different experiences with different platforms, so don't hesitate to jump right in. There are hundreds of reviews and suggestions online that, along with a healthy dose of common sense, will serve to help you out. Name a skill and you can probably find jobs. If coding or audio/music production doesn't interest you, maybe voice acting. How about writing or proofreading? Many members of this forum are bilingual if not trilingual, look into language translation. Accessibility Q/A testing is difficult to find, but there if you know where to look. Certifications can really pay off as well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector