Re: The Eventual Famine

Hi Aprone.

From all the efforts I've seen including running Eamon deluxe in it's default configuration which uses dosbox, dosbox is utterly inaccessible because the text that is output doesn't use the windows text system that screen readers latch onto. I am not sure exactly of the technical details but I know the developer of Eamon deluxe has been looking into this for a long time, sinse as the Eamon games are written in apple basic there physically isn't a way to run them without running them in a console, which means either xp or dosbox.

Dos games are only part of the xp thing of course, stupidity of interface which isnt' changeable,  lack of components like outlook express, and other games make a difference as well.

Plus I confess I don't really like the idea of not being able to create what folders I want on the C drive to store stufff either (it always seems silly to me to have a folder called my documents and then expect to put music in it), albeit I could probably get used to some other system if the explorer interface was workable, which was another of my issues with windows 7.

  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: blindndangerous
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: keyIsFull
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: crashmaster
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: blindndangerous