Re: The Eventual Famine

I thought in windows 7 you couldn't create folders on the C drive. So for example I have a C:\ music folder and a C:\audio folder, as well as others for things like storing my text games.

Regarding the interface and programs, well yes there are other programs to use, I mentioned thunderbird for example, but nothing I've seen mail wise has quite as good a convenience factor, or at least nothing I've tried thus far.

This seems partly to do with an interface convention. IN the xp era it was usually to have a standard set of menus and to tailer the output of a given program to what the user was doing, eg showing and hiding different elements, alowing display as lists etc. The modern convention which also exists in Itunes seems to be to have everything on screen and rely upon the user's visual scanning to pick out what they want which screen reader wise is much less convenient.

This is exactly what I found with windows 7 and thunderbird. Not of co urse that I couldnt' get used to the thing, indeed after my initial experiment with windows 7 I went back and tried again and came to the conclusion it would be usuable but more difficult, however why should! I bother taking the time to learn a new interface if it's not getting me anything and indeed it going to take more wangling to make older programs work if indeed they will, particularly when this could've been solved had microsoft just maintained some interface customization options along with tools like outlook express instead of forcing everyone to take what they're given and like it.

This is why as I said I suspect I'll probably move away from windows to mac with virtual xp, ---- either that or just keep xp running anyway until something actually better comes along, ie something that lets me do what I do with a computer more easily and efficiently and would warrent me learning a new system.

This happened in terms of a portable system wi th ios as opposed to an xp laptop, but for a desktop it hasn't happened yet.

I personally do hope microsoft come to their collective senses both regarding compatibility and regarding interface, though I suspect not.

  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: blindndangerous
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: keyIsFull
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Aprone
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: crashmaster
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
  • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: blindndangerous