Re: Alternative To Dropbox

I'd not recommend mediafire sinse the site seems really cluttered, and even downloading is a pain.

Regarding sendspace and privacy I've never run into problems myself, the only time I've heard of someone running afowl of ss's privacy policy is when they constantly bugged the admins about their files, indeed I suspect with ss what they claime in their privacy policy and what practically they do about it are rather  different things, indeed I do know for a fact they changed the policy after all the hassle with pipa but haven't made any major changes to the way they work sinse then.

Adds wise, well you don't get the adds if downloading with the wizard, though I will agree they're annoying, however sinse sendspace has a standard "click here to start download" link rather than shinanigans with waiting for a timer, going through a complex custom tool where you have to struggle with telling the adds from the actual content or the like the way I have seen sites like mediafire employ.