Re: Sryth: Kickstarting Cognitive Dissonance

There is a ton to recommend Sryth for some fun, and the price of a permanent membership is potentially worthwhile. There are a lot of good adventures, and despite opinions to the contrary, you can do pretty much the whole game without donating more than what is needed to get your account into AG status.
But yeah, the problem is that most of this existed a decade ago, and hasn't seen enormous upgrades in the last...long while. I think the day I began to notice the downhill slide was in an adventure where I had to kill literally dozens of Oakaruk. I saw something like "Oakaruk 1 of 15" and thought "yup, here it comes". And it's been more of the same since.
Some people love the archery contests and similar contests of random chance, but I personally don't. Even the Magaragak (ugh, that name!) that was teased for months just didn't grab me. I want adventures and story, not tons of random checks. The Christmas event from about a year ago really did my head in. All this random generation and having to play the same. freaking. scenarios. over and over again. The reward was nice, but that's an awful lot to ask.

So yeah. If you want to lose yourself for a month or so, Sryth is great. But if you think it's worth thirty plus grand a year...I dunno about that. To me, it's not.