Re: a website with audio described movies.

I find it quite interesting how people are literally blaming the forum for, um, trying to remain legal.

Griphindor wrote:

Audio description is not exactly illegal, as much as certain mods would like to have you believe that to be so, but considering how hard AD is to get hold of legally if you happen to be outside the USA and almost non existent in many countries, *certain sites* help people get them when and if they need them.

If you are so passionate about this and swear up and down that it's legal, then the time you spent railing against this on here could have been spent contacting some of these site owners and asking where the legal document/copyright exception/proof of distribution rights can be found. Transparency is everything, folks. Right now, there isn't any on either sie of the coin. Trust me on this one, I am facing this exact problem with a homegrown audio description track of my own creation that I am weary of distributing on a large scale because of the grayarea surrounding what is/isn't fair use. It's a complicated legal matter to which the best solution was to not condone on the forum, so we really ought to respect that. Remember. We have mainstream game devs on this forum. The forum does not want to give the impression that it is going to cherry-pick what elicit content it condones, and rather to just condemn all of it like damn near any other forum would. We have game studios starting to make trailers with audio description. I am quite sure that the voiceover person/description provider would have to be alright with free distribution were it commercial material. Remember, good narrations don't come from the sky, and the person you are hearing is either running their own business or going through one that also needs money as well. When you watch a described movie through a streaming service, or buy one, at least I should hope that the voiceover is getting fair royalties for their hard work. As for audio description in different countries: Again, if vpn's are legal in your place of residence, then have on. Netflix here in the U.S. and surrounding countries have a wealth of described content, and legal access to most vpn's will allow you to vpn to the states or any other country. That is, as long as you are legally paying for your subscription to Netflix in your region.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thunderdragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector