reaper just slowed down after nvda update

Hi everyone
apparently, reaper has decided it was fast enough and has become very laggy after installing the latest NVDA Update. it's not bad when doing things, (E.G. playing, processing and stuff) but navigation truly sucks! I have to wait for half a second for the next item shortcut to work, same with tracks. I don't think It's reaper though, because when I press the space button for playing, reaper starts playing immediately, but NVDA announces it after half a second.
this has happened to me before, but NVDA wasn't the problem back then, I didn't find out what caused it, so I restored my pc back with a system restore and It just got fixed. Now the problem is back, and it started with NVDA update. Any ideas?