Announcing the return of weekly db updates.

I will be the first to admit, that I haven't exactly been doing much work on the db lately. Partly this has been due to personal circumstances which some will know about, partly it is because there is so much to add I haven't known where to start, partly it is simply lack of direction on my part, for which I absolutely apologise.

Those around back in 2007 when I first took on a lot of responsibility for database management, will remember that for a while, I instituted weekly database updates.

This meant a commitment to try and get something done on the db each week, with a progress report every Sunday. Obviously, given life and everything else, some weeks there was more than others. Some weeks it was just a single game entry added or a bit of link cleanup, some weeks it'd be a lot, however committing to get something! done each week made the db editing process a little like the proverbial tortoise, in that it was slow, but got there in the end, going from being severely outdated by about 4 years, to up to date with the then latest games.

I have begun this process today, adding an entry for Manamon 2, fixing the download link for crazy party, and updating both the links and entry for beatstar pro, tasks which have all rather badly needed doing.

If anyone would like to help, please suggest games that you'd like prioritised in db updates. obviously the db is intended to be a complete guide, equally obviously it can never be an absolutely! complete guide because new games are coming out all the time, however it can certainly be much completer than it is at the moment, and I'm aware we've had a lot of great releases recently, which members would doubtless like to see acknowledged.

The rules concerning accessibility criteria still apply of course.
ditto with any fixes you'd like to see made in terms of none working links etc, indeed thanks to the audiogames archive, these are now less of a problem (at least on Windows), than they used to be.

If any of our other staff would like to help with the project, of course help would be appreciated, since as I've said before, there are lots of games, and only one of me big_smile.

As for new editors, I have contacted Senderman today regarding fixing Pitermach's status. After the awesome entries he provided for Sequence storm, Skull girlss and alt frequencies, I actually thought he was already added.

Once this change is affected, we can then think about adding anyone else who wants to help, indeed it'd be good if we could get someone with access to Android too.

Hope this clears things up, and here's to a more complete database in the future.