Re: Announcing the return of weekly db updates.

I've not experimented with chinese games myself up to now, and as I said I wouldn't be against having descriptions from others.
However, bare in mind that descriptions need to be informative, comprehensive, and make people's lives easier, as indeed bladestorm's original descriptions of Japanese games did, (many of them are still in the db).

I took a look at your translation guide, (firstly having to copy all the text since google docs didn't read properly anyway).

You included no links to the software your talking about, nor information on how to use that software, or even whether they're NVDA addons or what.

I tried locale emulator myself, and it was a down right mess that worked only some of the time, and caused my computer huge amounts of slowdown at startup (another reason I'm not likely to be playing Chinese games at this point).

If you remember Bladestorm's original guide for Japanese audiogames, it was designed to be as user friendly as possible to new users, indeed part of the reason the Japanese audiogames gained such a following, is likely that there were such comprehensive instructions on how to play them.

So, if you'd like to help with Chinese games, that would be great, but could you please first look at expanding your existing guide to be a little more newbie friendly, a fact you might also want to consider when coming up with descriptions, since it's intended that the db be both informative and welcoming, something which would not be served by terse or less than comprehensible descriptions.

Hope this all makes sense.