Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi Everyone,

Really pleased everyone’s enjoying the video we posted yesterday. I think this was probably my favourite sable video I’ve recorded. Thanks as ever for all the positive comments, I’ll try and answer some of the questions below:
@ number 380. Pleased to hear you have lots of ideas already for your game, hopefully watching the video and seeing some of Sables features helps give you ideas for what you could include. As for your question regarding abilities , it isn’t currently possible to assign abilities through an item the player collects. Currently new abilities or skills can only be learnt through levelling up.
@number 381. Really pleased to hear you found the topic and are excited about the project. One of the reasons we wrote Sable, was exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Coding a game from scratch can be a hugely time consuming  task, not to mention stressful at times too. .. although There are lots of tools in the sighted community which allow people to create games from scratch with little to no coding knowledge, but there’ is very little similar to that in the audio games community, So we built Sable so anyone could try turning their hand to game development even if they have no coding or scripting experience . it’s particularly encouraging though to see people such as yourself who already code but see the benefits of a tool like sable and how it can cut down on the time it would take to code a game from scratch.
@number 383. Thanks for the post. Crafting isn’t something that is currently possible, but I know the suggestion has come up a few times and is something people are keen to see. Random map generation and loot drops has come up before too. although I really like the idea it’s a  very big change to implement into sable and also adds the extra complication of making games more difficult to balance from a creator stand point  due to not knowing what the player may or may not find. I do however agree it’s a good idea in principal   and I know it works really well in the audio game entombed and I think is one of the reasons the game has so much replay ability.

Huge thanks again to everyone who’s watched the video from yesterday and for all the positive comments and posts.

Paul lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : toto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector