Re: I'd like to find some muds with an organic learning system

I need to try accursed lands and possibly get back to clok.
Frandom I would suggest giving a bit more time to, it's a fascinating game when you get into it, not in the same way as something like clok, but really I've never seen a landscape quite as diverse or a game that actively discourages grinding and rewards you for exploration.

For example, Frandom is the only mud I've ever seen where you can take literally any everyday object and use it to craft something new to use or sell.

Sadly, as far as sf crafting goes, Wayfar1444 was pretty much exactly what you describe, you literally did! start out in the wilderness with a sack of tools and could make everything from colony buildings, to fires, to entire starships and computers. I do wish colony management had been a bit more advanced and that you'd had a bit more chance to itneract with the people in your colony, but in terms of crafting the game was amazing! It even had a builder advancement class where you had to build 10 buildings in order to remort, and a pilot class where you had to build a starship and leave your planet.

Again, one of the saddest losses to the mud playing community, indeed I could never work out why the game was taken down when it was so successful and development was going so well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector