Re: Petition to Nintendo to include access to the 3DS system

There again though, you're comparing two different categories of device. An iphone is seen much more often as an essential device for daily use while the 3ds, wii, etc are not. Thousands of blind people saw a need for a phone with a built in screen reader... with the console side of things, noone will see a need... and having accessible consoles is again different from having accessible games, which other developers have to consider. Some developers may see it profitable, others probably won't.. and considering that most game developers of big budget games are big corporations, you'd have to have a patition to send each company if you wanted them to consider games that were user friendly.
And skullgirls, which is a game that you were thinking, although it's called the mainstream game... it's actually just as much of an indie game as any other audio game. The team is just bigger, and they got a big name company to publish it. But the reason they added in accessibility was because it was for pc so all they had to do was add a feature to output things to the clipboard which is apparently a feature designed that was already in steam. I'm not trying to come off as deliberately contradictory... I just find this an interesting topic for discussion. And for your questions.
1. It's hard to say. Most people would say you are wasting time... but although I see many negatives, I also am of the mindset that we never know. I believe enough people have tried and now it's an age where things circulate much faster on the web, and this may very well reach somewhere important and start something. So who knows?
2. No, I wouldn't. Even if it was made accessible, there just aren't enough games I'm interested in at the current time.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : James via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mario navarro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : James via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector