Re: Do You Guys Ever Get Rushed to Start in Online Games

I'm sorry, but a topic where you want to whine about personal self interests and gratification not being met is not going to fly, whoever you are.  I may be Nocturnus... I may be able to get away with a many number of things...I don't know, and I don't care.  What I do know is that if I were to create a topic bashing a community or select number of people just because they're pissing me off there'll be opposition and, no matter how sick I am, miserable I am or otherwise unwell I am I have no excuse to behave like a jerkwad to people just because they don't fit my personal little bubble.  IN fact, I'd be willing to wager that most everyone would tell me to piss off for awhile until I am feeling better and can deal with the situation more effectively and reasonably?  I find it interesting that 18 takes the original post and turns it into a pity party where previously it was just an issue of irritation; feel sorry for me because my games aren't going the way I want them to and all these people are in them and I don't like them being there because my friends are my friends and they are not my friends and why do they have to make my life harder!
The point is simple, really: you can rant and rave and complain about the evils people do to you, but until you're willing to meet halfway down the line and expect that what you're doing might be seen as equally evil by the other side, until you're willing to accept that your views just might, might be even worse in some senses, don't expect anyone to either take you seriously or consider your views.  They say that what goes around comes around, and attitudes when posting on a forum are just as much an action as any other.
To prove my point, I'd just like to go on record by saying that I've been there far too often.  When RS-Games Monopoly was first released I took issue with people just randomly joining my tables, particularly if all I wanted to do was play a game with someone else or even just enjoy a simple match against bots and I just didn't get to finish setting up the table before someone else got in on it.  The same happened with QC.  The only thing that would frustrate me more than people who randomly joined, were people who randomly left in the middle or right before losing, or who took a call and held up the game as a result of it and sometimes just flat out forgot about it.
But that's just the way of things when you deal with people!  For every public TT server you create you'll find people who lurk for whatever reason best known to themselves and who never say a word and thus make you feel awkward, or people who burst in with super loud audio and don't care, or people with even greater malice who just want to make conversation impossible.  The point still stands all the same.  When you choose to fight fire with fire, you're gonna get burned.  I could have easily swallowed a topic that asked for advice on this subject given that I've obviously been in the same situation, rather than come in here, guns blazing with an entitled mindset.  Yes, the question was posed but it was posed with less than a will to understand the other side.  It's all me me me talk.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Veljko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector