Re: Code Dungeon - A first person hack & slash dungeon crawler

@15
Some of what you're  suggestion matches the design doc we've had for combat, here's our ideal;
You're fighting a monster, and that monster might have a fire breath, or can cause stalagmites to erupt from the floor.
The key is to avoid being in these spaces. Monsters will always try to face you, and their face is protected by hard carapace or armor. We want the player to bait the monsters into attacking, avoid that attack, and flank the monster from behind and attack their weak point.
That's the dream combat scenario at least, but we're nowhere near that yet.

@16 I'll look into Steam Audio, thanks for the suggestion.

Both Wiktor and Me enjoy Crypt of the Necrodancer: I enjoy that the combat boils down to basically the movement keys only: Moving is also attacking if you face an enemy, and the skill goes back to positioning and patterns.
Easy to pick up, hard to master.

Music and rhytm is also a really useful tool for creating patterns for enemies; if we had another teammember we'd love to link the enemies to some sort of musical pattern to make them more predictable and readable to the player. At the moment I think it's above the scope of what we can accomplish.