Re: New SoniFight, Paid User Trials and maybe MK 10 and 11

I made an initial attempt at getting access to Street Fighter V today - it did not go well.

I'll explain how it could work:

1 - Run SFV.

2 - Attach a debugger to the game process (there are two StreetFighterV.exe processes - one's a stub though so pick the latter).

3 - Find SFV's calls to GetProcAddress in the symbol table (there are none - but there are calls through userenv.dll and user32.dll - set breakpoints on them both).

4 - Launch Cheat Engine and let SFV attempt to go ballistic.

5 - Let x64dbg catch any calls to GetProcAddress and return something like 0 or null just to pacify it.

6 - Patch game exe to keep bypassing calls to GetProcAddress so you can use Cheat Engine to locate pointer chains to values of interest.

7 - With access to the game process attempt to write new sonifight config for SFV.

Sounds good in theory - but theory and practice are different things.

Here's what really happens: You attach the debugger to SFV and try to breakpoint on calls to GetProcAddress but SFV commits suicide before that breakpoint is called. So perhaps I need another earlier breakpoint - perhaps one using CURL from what I see from the symbol table.

I was at and beyond my technical limit of understanding when I started writing sonifight... and this is beyond my current technical limit. It's perfectly do-able if you have the skills, I just don't have sufficient skills at the moment - and I don't know who to ask or who would help.

Thoughts welcome, lol.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Atlan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindJay via Audiogames-reflector