Re: most Memorable Interactive Fiction Story?

**** SPOILERS AHEAD  ****

   Hmm, is the heroine's Mantel the superhero game with the crusader?  I remember playing it and forgot the name of it when making my original post.  The story was fun, but some of the end of level puzzles and the ones just before that one wer actually challenging.  Also not helping that I thinkt he puzzles change on playthroughs on what your given, one example being the end of the cult mission where you have to quickly figure out how to make a cure for yourself from an earlier incident and you have to get a certain balance of materials right and knowledge of some chemistry on trying to make a non-acidic  and not too base of a cure...erm, if you play it and do that mission, people will see what I mean.

    I should try out "the Lash" "The Spider and the Web," and "Anchorhead."  Those are stories with content that looks like I'll enjoy them.

    On another note, for a story based on a the puzzle of trying to get something across, "The Weapon" was an amusing game.  The point is to try to use an old alien weapon that was not used in a war between the Humans and another race which I did not check the spelling of.  The issue is that you were caught before messing with the controls and are a military prisoner.  Your goal is to figure out how to activate the device while being watched.  Also had an ending on why you wanted to activate this device so badly before and why youw ere willing to work with the military instead of just feigning ignerence or not helping.  And the puzzles make sense once you mess around with it, from reparing to the descriptor of misdirection on trying to trick your overseer into not noticing your plan.

    Oh [[wow]], I somehow forgot about dreamhold.  It was also one of the first ones I played.  However, I don't t hink I got a true ending of that story.  I'm pretty sure there was something that happens if you got all the extra objectives and items.  I know there was a painting in the lab that changed the more items you obtained, such as the midnight cloak, the bracelet, and all the other hidden stuff.  I know some of the puzzles I just couldn't solve was the webbed grate, the moons in the red sky world, the bird cage one with the apple, and a really strange one involving the harp room if you enter and leave the room multiple times.  As well, the harp and the door in that same room.  I should go hunt down another copy of dreamhold and try to solve them.