Re: most Memorable Interactive Fiction Story?

Ooh, interactive fiction! I cut my teeth on the Infocom games and I have truly wonderful memories of them. I originally had a set of 4 including Hitchhiker's guide, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, Wishbringer and Planetfall. I dearly, dearly wish I could still get hold of these games now because I'd truly treasure them.

My favourites have to be Wishbringer because that was the first one I finished. I was also the right age for it to really appeal to me as a kind of sinister young adult fairy tale.

I only ever finished the first Zork game but I played all 5 of the ones which were text only. Beyond Zork was probably my all time favourite interactive fiction game because of the RPG element where your character had asignable stat points and could gain levels and the atmospheric zones to explore and play through.

Planetfall was a splendid example of a lonely stranded space adventure which I got very adicted to for a while.

Leather Goddesses of Phobos was a most unusual and entertaining game which I was far to young to have been allowed to play and which was therefore quite informative.

I tried Trinity but but found it quite difficult. I also tried Arthur, Plundered Hearts and many other Infocom games because my dad and I got the Masterpieces box when it came out in the mid 90s. Oh how I wish I could still get hold of those games! I'd truly treasure them now that I'm old enough to actually think properly about the puzzles.

OK, time for me to stop as well now. This topic really does bring back memories.