Thinking about buying a Nintendo 3DS

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about, well, like the tittle of this forum says, buying a 3DS. As you maybe noticed, I'm a Pokemon fan and I know how to play these games using emulators or seeing A I.
My question is, did any of you have any success playing X and Y, or ORAS, or sun and moon on the 3DS?
By success, I mean did you manage to finish the game without sighted assistance using guides and walkthrough?

And of course, I red on the forum that there are some other accessible games on the 3DS to pick so... Do you think it's worth it?

Thank you in advance!

Rubyel