Re: Just wanted to provide an update on Max-Lib

Hi.

/edit/

I reread over your post and still can't see the reason why someone would want to use this.

You say it makes things easier by adding different UIS, I think, but if a sighted dev is going to make their game accessible, they'd do that anyway wouldn't they?

To me it sounds like you're trying to make a tool that doesn't need to exist because if sighted devs want to add accessibility they'll do it and if they won't then they won't. You can't force them to make their games accessible you no.

/edit/

So you have a way of adding bleeps and sonar and things to a sighted game?

It honestly still sounds to me like you're doing something that a sighted dev could do if they cared.

How are you going to market this to x amount of devs when the small ones probably don't know or care about accessibility and the big ones already have accessibility implemented and if they don't chances are they won't care?

Also, do you have screen reader support with this project? The last time I checked your games were running sapi and while that might be ok for some sighted people, screen reader users will want to use their own screen reader.

If this takes off, that will be great for you, I just don't think it will from a blindness point of view.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector