I really don’t understand time signature

I watched 3 and a half YouTube videos about time signature and I’m still finding it hard to understand. All things considered, that’s kind of a problem, seeing as I need at least a basic understanding of it wile working with music. In some cases the representations are more visual, and others not as much. Does anyone know of any sources that may be able to finally help me grasp this?