Re: I really don’t understand time signature

I am going to try and explain this the best I can, since in my brain when I produce my music, I don't really focus on these things unless I am adding delay or other factors. But let's try and explain this for you.
Basically, music comes in the form of bars, and beats. Bars, are 4 beats, and 4 beats, are one whole note.
Half of a beat, 0.5, is considered a half note. Half of a half note is is an eight note, and half of that is a sixteenth.

To better understand I will make you a simple project in Reaper and send it to you, to let you listen to the different values.
Hope this helps.