Re: Warsim, text based randomly generated stratogy

@Omer, that's true there are already some that change, always cool for more though.

@RTT, Wow RTT, lots of good ideas but would probably be another 6 months+ of dev just for that comment hahaha.

As for the RPGification update, it's currently not on my immediate roadmap. My plan currently is to finish some light merc work and clear through a big list of bug reports.

Then after that and possibly another few bug report and tweak updates I plan to look at the end of turn screen and want to change that.

Then afterwards a smaller secret update, and after that I'd like to have another crack at getting some combat update stuff off the ground. Hopefully the rawest and most basic combat update stuff done so that I can get this thing rolling.

@Jaidon, yep, always planning to add females and marriages and stuff. Just going to take some time. I need to create a female face generator and other tools as well.

@Niklas, Yeah it's something I've thought about before. Would be interesting. Maybe a screen before you set off to travel asking how many men you'd take with you. Not sure though if this would/should mean that each of the 100+ locations should have different reactions depending on how many men you show up with etc.

@Zakc93, Definitely a good point here. You may be amused to know that I once planned for Warsim to be two games in one. You could either start as a ruler or as a random character in the world. Here you would play an RPG based in the Warsim world and hustle your way up the difficult ladder hoping to form your own kingdom. I had plans for it but after looking through them I realised after 4-5 years of Warsim dev just on the kingdom management part, making a new RPG game alongside it could add 1000 new problems and 5 more years of dev time so I regretfully dropped it from my plans.

But yet definitely trying to be more mindful of Scopecreep now more than ever as I'm finally aiming to get Warsim out of early access. I have still a few hundred items on my pre-release to-do list but once they are done I can actually release Warsim from early access and start pushing it further smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector