Re: SoundRTS and the CrazyMod (update 8.2)

This forum has a serious problem with the login's remember function. Every time that I login, I be sure that remember checkbox was checked. But when I return to the forum, I have to re log-in. X_X
And no, I don't delete my kookies. xD

Well, time to quote :V

@soundmud:

No no, autocast is not ready yet, I was just thinking about how to do it. A unit with an ability in autocast mode would check if using this ability is
possible and use it if possible. Some abilities should have a cooldown time, if they have not already (this cooldown would be active in manual mode too).
Maybe in some cases an additional timer would be required to avoid too much autocasting. Mana would limit some of the autocasting too.

Yep, but this is not all conditions for autocast. Is good option try to add to autocast system, some basic triggers.
For example, one unit try to cast its autocast ability, when is in the same square with an enemy, or when a other u nit with some condition is next to it... etc, various triggers can be implemented.

[ a-t ]:

The creep could be a variable of each square. Any zerg can use the creep of another zerg, so it's not linked to a player. If the notion of square is removed
it would be managed on a finer scale. Squares are practical as a user interface, I think (not sure, what do you think about these squares? can you do without
the current squares?).

The scare notion for a user interface, specially for this audio game, is very, very good. But in terms of simulation, is really not ideal.
Respecting the terrains, is a hard thing to resolve if the squares are completely removed; will be necessary use more properties for each building, unit, and terrains, specifying the size of each object to try put in the map.
Hmmm one solution, is continue using the notion of squares for this kind of problems (terrains, zones, and spaces) but for moves, distances and range of attack s or skills, directly uses the metrical system.
Currently depends the size of the square for many things can you put in it?
For example how many units can you have in a square of 12 x 12, and in a other square of 50 x 50? And how many units can pass through a path (or bridge) at same time? All paths are of the same size?
Is necessary resolve all of these things to implement a good non squared simulation system.
Well, of course if all of this is changed, the structure of the maps files will be drastically changed, because for a correct map, more things will be necessary specified for each them.
Waaaaaa... Complicate, or non complicate. This is the question big_smile
Respect to the creep notion, hmmm. one flag for says if the meadows of a squares has been infested? Or one custom flag for says it. If you have two different races that want to infested in differe nt wais? xD
Hmm this add one more flag to the buildings (or things in general) make_creep, but the creep will be necessary  covers minimal the current square (small buildings) and including adjacent squares (big buildings).

[ a-t ]:

Yes, I wasn't thinking about sacrificing HP (like the marine stimpack). This might be interesting and not too difficult to add. Something like hp_cost.
I don't remember if a stimpack could kill a unit. It would be very risky for the unit anyway.

Stinpack consumes only 10 hp of each marine, for hmmm some seconds of effect. If you active stinpack various times, the skill consumes 10 hp for each click time that you trigger the skill.
And not sure if you can kill a marine with multiple clicks of the skill. I think if you pressed many times, you only can decrease the hp of marine to 1, and after of this, is impossible active more times the skill. But is not bad option kill the unit for a distracted repeatedly ac tives of an auto-damaging spells. xD

[ a-t ]:

The code is not the clearest, in spite of my efforts. Rewriting from scratch is tempting but I'm not even sure that I'll find the right architecture.

hmmm, currently the code is fully object oriented? Or have some things of a structured syntax and modular things.

[ a-t ]:

Custom flags? I'll think about it.

o, yes. Is a pretty good idea, for easy classify the units or buildings in many categories. Like tags, for after use in targets, requirements,  bonus, etc.

[ a-t ]:

About armor, I might add a minimal damage of 0.1 for example, so even a peasant can do some damage to a knight. In Warcraft 2 there was "piercing damage"
(damage that ignores the armor). Starcraft didn't have armor though.

starcraft 1 my friend. In sc2 the armor currently exist.
But no, I'm not talking about the armors. I'm talking a bonus damage for a specific cases.
For example, the archers have a regular damage of 4 hp for each shoot (subtracting the armor of the foe, of course). But, against light air opponents (like serpents or small airships) their shoots make a 4 hp damage, plus another 3 extra damages. Look at the units of sc2. For example the zerglings are a light and biological units, while the immortals (a protoss unit) are a mechanical psionic armored unit. The immortals have a massive bonus damage against other armored units, like roaches of zergs, siege tanks of terran, or other immortals. But their damage to the non armored units are pretty poor. Comparing with other less expensive units, of course.

@pragma:

I have forgot a bug with the units who can convert anywhere on the map. When the target is in a war fog, the unit can launch the conversion, but not immediatly.
The unit stays like waiting, and when the target becomes visible, the conversion is activated. This makes the voodoo priest particularly s trong.

yep, but if the target moves of the original position, when you have sight of the square and the target of priest  is not there, the skill fails.
The problem is when the target of priest is a expensive unmovable building, like a computers of robots.
I think that option to launch the skill when you not have a full sight of a square are good option, but reduce the range of conversion to nearby squares.

This is not a bug, but... I think that this behavior can change. Currently, in the war fog, you can't detect the invisible unit that was previously discovered. You can only see them if you have a detector, and full sight of these squares.
I think that if you discover a invisible unit with a detector, and after this you leave the square, the units that you discovered should be visible in the war fog, like a normal units. Of course if the unit move of there, you have no idea, like a normal units.
The advantage of this, if you discove rs an invisible building, you know where it is, and you not have find it again.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector