PS4, and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad screenreader

Hi guys,
So I got a PS4, thanks the Last of Us 2. As you PS4 owners know, the initial setup process, and most of the UI is not accessible with the built-in screen reader. What work-arounds have you guys used to solve this little issue? I've used SuperSense, but pointing my phone at my tv screen gets tiring real quick.
For the record though, the Last of Us 2 is awesome!