Re: games which are not redy for release, lets beta test or alpha test the

I will agree with Tom here. When developers want to post public beta versions of games they will do so themselves, indeed that was part of the purpose of the New releases room.

Earlier versions than that such as alphas are actually often more of a chore than a pleasure to play, which is why early testing is more of a job than a way of getting the game for free.

to give you an example, I alpha tested the very early version of entombed. In the first alpha there were no enemies, and all you did was walk around and open doors, also the wind sounds hadn't been sorted correctly and there was no way to tell where you ahad been, there was also no music in the game.

In the second alpha there were goblins to fight, but only goblins, and only one weapon and one type of armor, also there were some hilarious bugs, for example i once fought a goblin who's hand I managed to sever with my sword yet who went on fighting me, and indeed in the next fight even after i k illed him I got a second attack message that he'd hit me with his sword again big_smile.

nEITHER Neither of those versions was even possible to complete, indeed the first version that had a vague completion message wasn't until the game went into beta and more than about 5 people had played it.

While Entombed is a fantastic game now, those early alphas had some horrible bugs, fortunately I and the few other people testing the game told the developer and the bugs got fixed, and so weren't in the versions the public played.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : muhammad rifqi AL gifari via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector