Re: games which are not redy for release, lets beta test or alpha test the

@Frastlin, I always thought I was fairly complete when beta testing (and especially when alpha testing), however that is waaaaay nuts! big_smile.

usually I don't try to make the game crash, I just try what is conceivably possible for a game. Ie trying all characters, going through all areas, getting all the items I can etc. I might try something in game that is loopy but conceivable say drinking a healing potion at full health or trying to fight the monster without equipping a weapon, but that's about as far as I go. I will add however this is also why i tend to be careful what I beta test.

While I fully expect to be doing work, if I'm spending a good while playing through a game which does not have a concept that interests me even if it is far from complete I'm probably going to not really care much. With Entombed it was that I so wanted an rpg that e ven when i was just hacking my way through hoards of goblins with a single bronze sword, I could conceive of what would be in the game later. but even if I might try say a sportsor racing game once released even though they're not my preferd genres, I'd probably wouldn't have the impetus to beta test them. Indeed a recent game came up on the audeasy list that was like this, someone asking for beta testers for an arcade game. I thought the game sounded okay and I would like to try it when it's finished, but I didn't fancy the concept enough to really feel I wanted to put the time in to a full scale test.