Re: games which are not redy for release, lets beta test or alpha test the

As someone who does a lot of beta testing for products that aren't games, I have to say that it involves a lot of writing. This is why I only do Alfas if people ask me to, because the responsibility that comes with playing a beta or alfa means that I will do a lot of repeating things with different variables. Also, I can't get impatient if something is labeled as a "beta" and a bug is left that makes the world a horrible place when using that product.
Now a solid "release" is a different story! I dare you to crash my
Final1
(Well I can think of one way to crash it, but it involves going into the .sav file and removing the lovely code that is your progress. I should put some message to pop up saying "you idiot, I don't know what else to call you..." But I think having the game close instantly is message enough)

That is the kind of quality I like to see in the games I buy and that are marked as version*. But I know I'm kind of obsessive when it comes to quelling bugs as when I play a game, I tend to crash it first thing... (it makes testing my own games kind of annoying). And good beta testers are hard to come by and developers like beta testers who understand at least a little programming as well as those who can write clearly and thoroughly.
For example, as a bug test for the above bug it would be a super short bug report as bug reports go, it would look something like:

On a windows 7 64 bit, I opened the name.sav file in note-pad, hit ctrl a to select everything, hit delete, then typed "fred". I hit save, opened the game, hit load, chose "name" from the list and hit enter. The game window vanished and I was in windows explorer again.

You answer the questions:
who? Me on a windows 7 64 bit
what? I crashed the game
when? When I loaded a .sav file
where? on the load screen
why? Because I wanted to crash the game by loading a game with no info, as if I was someone who thought they could cheat.
how? I went into the .sav file with note-pad, hit ctrl a and hit backspace, then typed "fred". Then I tried to load it.

If you think doing the above for every bug looks fun and if you can write the above properly in what ever language your developer speaks, please please contact your favorite developers and tell them that you would like to bug test for them!