Re: Help me with a little Manamon 2 Fun

I hate to say it, but when it comes to movelists for a lot of manamon, the answer is "because reasons". Aaron saw a move and used it. That's...pretty much the size of it.
If Cofatena got a special-type steel move, you could make it a special attacker. If Banshreek got Beyond Bolt, PsychoTrick, Wraith's Curse or whatever, it could be a pure special attacker instead of relying on Astral Buster off its lowest stat (save speed). I'm okay with stuff like Jagzeom getting mixed moves, ditto Skeletone, because there are enough on both sides that you can opt to specialize. That's fine with me. But when you're straight-up forced to split your train points two ways, that seriously weakens a manamon. Pokémon figured this out back in gen 4 or so, about fourteen years ago, so I don't see that there's really any excuse.
Alternatively, I don't know if Cofatena actually learns anything after Conjure Sword, but other manamon have gotten moves at high levels, so if it gets Aura Impact way later, you can just use it as a physical attacker. It's a pity; I really wanted to like that thing, despite its cry annoying the snot out of me.