Having some trouble with Beatstar Pro Packs.

Hey there all
So I wanted to try Beatstar again after remembering how much fun I used to have playing it, but the new Beatstar is pretty broken and Oriol's website still has a note saying it's being fixed several months later.
I decided to grab the older version off of agarchive.net but there was a disclaimer that said packs couldn't be downloaded with that version.
So I decided that I'd just download all the packs I wanted with the new version, then copy them over to the old one.  However, they aren't recognized by the older version even though I put them in the correct directory...  Now I'm kinda stuck.
I'm not sure if anything can really be done, though if someone had a complete collection of packs from before the version switch I'd really appreciate that. Even then though I'd be missing out on a few that weren't available back then...

And if your reading this Oriol than is their any chance that the downloading issue can be solved on your end?