Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Accman, remember what I said. Every time you try and stand up for yourself on this subject, I will be here to discredit you. If you go quiet, I will not bother you or chase you. Go do what you're gonna do, but stop telling us about it. You've lost all credibility in this matter.

Enes, here's something to chew on (and we're in agreement here, this is just food for thought). A lot of countries have a multi-million-dollar biological warfare budget that they don't really like to talk about. Wouldn't it be fun if that budget were actually focused on helping people instead of slaughtering them?

I don't know about other countries, but here in Canada, masks follow the general laws of math and science, as do pretty much all other solids, liquids and gases. This means that the wearing of masks presents a moderate safety improvement over not wearing a mask at all. It also means that really prolonged wearing of a mask can result in you breathing a bit more CO2 than you otherwise would, but it's not dangerous to the vast majority of people. We have exemptions for people with a legitimate disability which precludes them from wearing a mask, but even people with asthma and mild to moderate COPD could probably wear a mask for brief periods. Doing it for like 10-30 minutes doesn't hurt anyone here; I dunno, maybe we're just tougher in Canada? I suspect the truth is much simpler. It's like this everywhere, but in many parts of America, folks are allergic to facts. This is why numbers are higher in America, why more people die there, why surges keep happening, and why it's become political. There are just too many signs to ignore.

I did a little digging into your D.C. claim, and here's what I found.

The order does not apply to "any employees of the federal government while they are on duty." That description would appear to exclude President Donald Trump and members of Congress from the mask requirement while working.

D.C. officials said the mask requirement can’t be enforced on federal property.

So, as usual, you've misread and misunderstood the facts again. Bowser is not in a position to enforce this on federal property; that's outside her jurisdiction.
Also, here's a killer for ya: let's say she had been able to do so, and had done so. This would mean that Trump would have to wear a mask, since technically he's on duty and is interacting with people outside his own cadre. You think he'd actually do it? Because I don't.
You're hung again. This is getting to be a pretty repetitive dance if you ask me. You tried to spin this as Muriel Bowser trying to give her and her friends a pass from wearing masks, when in fact it's the federal government and its property which is actually exempt. Bowser herself appears to take her own advice and is urging other D.C. residents to do the same. I implore you to find the hypocrisy in this situation. Here's a big flashing neon hint for you: it's not Bowser's fault.