Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

@803, sorry.I'mnot fully inline with your opinions.I do believe in wearing masks, at least temporarily, because countries like Taiwan have drastically cut down their cases because of masks. But I am not ok with the idea of them becoming another piece of dress code because masks should be worn when you are sick, not as part of your work uniform.
@Jade,I respectfully disagree, but we're all entitled to ouropinions... the only change that is good that I see is that more people are starting to work from home. But as Japan have demonstrated, domestic problems also arise when that becomes a normal especially for people who do not typically work at home. I also do not think of limiting the number of people allowed to gather for events as a positive change. ButI see yourlogic, even if I don't agree with it. So no hard feelings there. But I do feel like some of your previous posts have come across as uncaring or exactly like you take all these things in stride, so I'm glad you're not.. because that's the impression that I and probably others have had. But again, I'm not in conflict with your opinion. I simply have a different one. The past pandemics argument has also been run into the ground many times, and you may be right that we lost a lot of life during those. But I still feel like if we made it through those intact, we can do it in a better way, without resorting to extreme measures. People who say that nothing should change until a vaccine is found are hoping thatone is, we don't know if there will be one. And noone wants to be in fear of shaking hands or giving hugs to a friend or loved one the rest of their life. The only people that benefits is the people who don't like being touched. lol But again, different opinions are fine. Not going to try and prove anyone right or wrong. I believe in a reasonable approach, and am following health regulations wherever possible. But I'm sorry, this as the new normal really, really doesn't appeal to me.