Re: Experiences with Infocom

I disagree on the cheating there Sebby, just because I've always found games with limited parsers (however the dam word is spelled), or with choice interactions much more interesting than if puzzles of the guess the verb variety, sinse I tended to find that after half an hour or an hour of just trying random commands for simple actions I'd pretty much lose interest as I'd want to carry on with the exploring and the story not be stuck typing endless varients of put x on y.

I fully agree about the world and writing in the Infocom adventures, I just never found the puzzles, at least in the game's I've tried such as Arthur, zork, H2g2 and planet fall to really hold my interest for long periods, sinse I'd much rather have a tactical challenge or a game like Eamon or Inquisitor with a limited parser where it was a use x on x type situation, meaning that examining each object and trying varients will always come up with the correct solution.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ianr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nina0116 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector