Re: Experiences with Infocom

I completely agree welshweyr
about absorbing story being the key factor, and those if I've most enjoyed had that, however when I found an if  such as h2g2 which indeed had! that story then got stuck on some insane logi puzzle I just found myself frustrated!

This  I think is one of the reasons I prefer gamebooks or limited parser games. An eamon game like Thraw's ring or Stronghold of ka-dur, not to mention a  gamebook such as zombie exodus  has an awsome story and great writing,however I know! I have a reasonable chance at the solution. If (or more often than not when), I die or get stuck It doesn't matter, there is always a way to  progress.  That doesn't usually seem the case in if due to the parser problems I mentioned, sinse usually when I get stuck in an if game it's either time for the solution, or giving up.

This is also where rpg mechanics can be fun, sinse tactical play is also something you can cl early see what you did wrong  at.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nina0116 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ianr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nina0116 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector