Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi everyone,

Its paul here from Ebon Sky Studios.  i've just posted an update on Sables progress to our Facebook page and thought i'd share it here too, so the post is below:

With both the public and private alpha testing of Sable now come to an end, I wanted to  once again say a thank you to everyone, and also give an update on Sable. As mentioned in a previous post, all reported bugs from the public alpha are now fixed. This has given me some time to focus on some of the suggestions and feedback which came in during the public Alpha. I’ve been busy working away adding new features over the past couple of months. Although I won’t list them all here, I thought I’d share some of the key additions:

-I’ve added a tool for creating new class’s and also editing existing party member class’s (I think this was one of the most requested features during the public alpha testing). I’ll be continuing to fine-tune this.

-Added code so all NPC’s can now give multiple quests. There is no limit to how many they can give  and this means you can now have NPC’s set quest chains (something else asked after a lot during testing).

-Added the ability to assign multiple event triggers to NPC’s

-Added various other functions to NPC dialogs, which should give creators more flexibility, such as:
.The ability to block off lines of speech (which need to be unlocked to access).
.The ability to add as much speech as you like before after and during quests being set, rather than just creating singular speech lines.
.You can now create either individual speech lines  (as before), or blocks of speech for the NPC’s (where you have to press a key to progress the speech, rather than having to  interact with the NPC to get the next line of text). Really handy for creating conversation style dialogs.

-Created a couple of new event triggers. One of these allows you  to create an event trigger which sets the player a quest (this means it is now possible for any object in sable to set a quest using this event trigger). Similar to NPC’s you can set multiple quests and lock parts of the quest so it can only be access once unlocked.

-Added the ability to create sizable panning sounds and sizable trigger objects.

-Added the ability to assign custom battle music and battle ambience for each map (this can be handy for people  wanting battles to sound different in different locations)

-Added a creator option to change the gender selection during party set up to anything of your choosing, such as race, breed, type etc. As a further addition to this, rather than just being tied to the ‘male or female’ options as in the public alpha, you can now add whatever sound sets to the player folder and  these will self-populate into sable as options for the player to select during party set up.

There are quite a few other changes which have gone in too, but these are just  a few additions I thought you’d all like to know about.
Although I still have more features to implement and need to add a lot more polish, Sable is at a stage where it has everything required for the game design team to be building our first game, Crimson Eclipse.
The focus here at Ebon Sky Studios will now be switching fully over to the game development side of things.

Since we’ve probably all heard enough from me over the past few months
wink, I’m passing the proverbial Ebon Sky Studios torch over to the game design team. They will introduce themselves in an upcoming post, and over the coming months will be posting news and updates relating to Crimson Eclipse, so stay tuned  for more news on that!

Finally, once again a big thanks to everyone for their help, support and suggestions during both the public and private alpha Sable testing!

Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector